OURA 2018: Collaborating in Changing Times
February 14-16, 2018 • Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
The Ontario University Registrars’ Association (OURA) Annual Conference offers university admissions (undergraduate and graduate), recruitment, records & systems, financial assistance, scholarship/awards, and academic advising professionals a comprehensive and diverse selection of presentations and plenary sessions along with effective networking opportunities in a focused 3-day format. With 40+ education sessions and three plenary speakers, the OURA Annual Conference is a must-attend networking and educational event. A key focus of the Conference is the sharing of innovative ideas and initiatives among Ontario university colleagues.
The 2018 Conference program sessions will focus on a range of issues under the theme of Collaborating in Changing Times. We encourage the submission of session proposals focused on continuous improvement, innovations, best practices, and unique collaborations in all areas of registrarial professional practice. Selected submissions will be those that embrace this focus and fall under one (or more) of OURA’s Conference session track ‘themes’.
Proposal submissions should fall under one of the following six theme tracks:
1) Lead On! — Share your leadership or professional development success stories – challenges and lessons learned, too. Share your knowledge of and experience with the latest research in successful registrarial practices.
2) Communicate! — Are you working on a unique communication initiative – targeting students, potential students and/or between university departments on all registrarial matters. Tell us about use of digital tools to create mobile & self-service apps, issues of website management and social media innovations and best practices.
3) Collaborate! — Tell us about successful joint initiatives or projects – interdepartmental, with a vendor or supplier or another institution. Share your knowledge, experience, outcomes, and lessons learned.
4) Innovate! — Share your Innovative projects and initiatives affecting any area of registrarial practice – in progress or completed – the processes, successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
5) Food for Thought — From sector-wide updates and high-level overviews to other topics of interest to the broad registrarial community, share your knowledge and expertise.
6) Changes of Self: Personal and Professional Development — In the spirit of continuous improvement, share your expertise or experience to help delegates expand their personal skillset.
- 60 minutes – Plenary sessions (all delegates attend) are 60 minutes in length.
- 60 minutes – Concurrent breakout sessions allow for a 45-50-minute presentation and a short period of Q & A.
- 40 minutes – Back by popular demand! These shorter sessions allow for a 30-minute high-level overview on a project or focused topic followed by a short period of Q &A.
Presentation Audience Size: Audience size may range from ~20 to 100 participants per concurrent/breakout session;
Plenary sessions have approximately 280 attendees.
- You may submit more than one proposal.
- Conference concurrent breakout sessions are scheduled for Wednesday, February 14 through Friday, February 16, 2018 inclusive. If your submission is accepted, you may be asked to present on any of the days so please ensure you are available on all days.