February 10-12, 2016
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Stay informed and connected!
NEW for OURA 2016: OURA is pleased to unveil a revamped and dynamic Conference program format. With more than 65 education sessions plus three plenary sessions, the OURA Annual Conference is a must-attend event for university personnel involved in all aspects of registrarial work. A key focus of the Conference is the sharing of innovative ideas and initiatives among Ontario university colleagues.
The overall theme of the 2016 OURA Conference is CONNECT! Connectivity and collaboration propel innovation and excellence in every area of registrarial professional practice.
Membership feedback inspired the OURA Executive to re-think the Conference format to encourage greater cross-track participation, add new energy and a fresh perspective, and attract a wider range of participants. For 2016, the breakout sessions are organized under seven different theme tracks. We’ve also included new or under-represented special topics such as academic advising, examinations, convocation and more! We are also excited to pilot a new session concept – the “OURA 30 Minute Leader Series” led by Ontario Registrars and subject matter experts, and geared to enhancing the professional development of emerging registrarial leaders.
It is our hope that this new format will encourage Conference delegates to attend a broader array of sessions that are within their area of interest while perhaps falling outside of the traditional targeted topics streams of previous Conferences.
The 2016 Conference sessions are organized under the following theme tracks:
- Leadership and Research: Sessions focused on professional development opportunities, leadership and research initiatives. Workplace culture is always changing and resilient leaders are required.
- All About Students: Sessions focused on wide-ranging and innovative services and supports dedicated to student success.
- Deep Dive: Subject matter experts take you on a deep dive for an in-depth look at issues and topics.
- Innovate: Sessions focused on helping you ride the wave of change, sharpen your focus and stretch your resources for efficiency and impact.
- Food for Thought: From sector-wide updates to other topics of interest, get in-the-know with these high level overviews and broad brush topics.
- The Digital Age: Sessions which cover the realm of emerging digital tools we use to create mobile & self-service apps, website management and social media best practices – all with the aim of enabling more effective communication with our students.
- Vendor and Special Topics: Sessions presented by vendor partners and special interest topics of interest to all.
Click here for the Detailed Program page
Final Program (PDF)
Session Chart (PDF)
New! OURA 2015 Annual Report (this year the Annual Report is available on-line only) (PDF)
Click here to see who is attending OURA 2016: Connect! (PDF)
Click here for Final Attendee Details – Reminders, Tips and Helpful Links (PDF)
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Friday, February 12th, 2016